Originally, artificial grass was the sole remit of the odd large sports club, but now you are just as likely to see it installed on your neighbour’s garden. At Consumer Grass we know the desire for artificial grass/lawns is growing quickly, driven by a combination of better manufacturing techniques combined with an increasing awareness of the longer term environmental and economic benefits.
The reasons for this real trend of desire for Artificial Grass in the UK and especially in the West Midlands really fall into 3 distinct groups:
A Lifestyle Choice
As our lives become busier so does our time become more precious; a previously simply task of mowing the lawn can take a couple of hours, time which many would prefer to spend with there family. Artificial Grass needs very little maintenance and can free up time for you to relax. Artificial Lawns have also become more desirable for the Elderly or of Restricted Movement who are physically unable to tend their lawns, and also to Holiday Home/Tennant Property Owners who are not always ‘onsite’ to ensure their lawns are tended correctly.
As out weather grows warmer we see annual restrictions on water usage; a hose pipe restriction can destroy a natural lawn. Artificial Grass doesn’t need watering and can actually help the environment in reducing water run off by allowing the Artificial Grass matt to slowly absorb the rainwater.
As well as substantially reducing water usage we also get:
- No carbon emissions from petrol driven lawn movers
- No need for Lawn Fertilisers or chemicals
- Pollution from water run-off carrying the Lawn care chemicals
Artificial grass is now being used for more than just lawns and sports fields and has a variety of possible uses which we are now being asked to provide the solutions for:
- Dog Runs – An Artificial Grass dog run, is easy to clean and keep sterile, obviously there are no muddy paws, and cant be dug up.
- Swimming Pools – Useful to cover the ground beyond the “splash back” areas. No muddy areas to carry dust and dirt into the pool, no marks from the sun loungers and stays green whatever the weather.
- Roof & Terrace Gardens – Often Roofs and Roof Terraces are not strong enough to support natural turf so the artificial grass alternate has filled this gap – and you don’t need to worry about cutting it ! !
- Areas of high wear and tear – particularly with areas where children are playing either in your own garden, or nursaries, schools or play grounds, over use can kill natural grass and turn the areas into no-go mud patches.
- Event specific – our services are now being requested to provide artificial grass into Shops, Marquees, Golf Clubs, and at other corporate events.
So lots of reasons why artificial grass – and apart from this imagine having a beautiful lawn, for all year round use; one which you can enjoy and where your children can play whatever the weather.
For a free no obligation quotation please contact us on 0121 716 0001.